- Mason Jar
- Clean and chop (rough) fresh strawberries
- Heat strawberries in 2-quart sauce pan at medium high
- Add sugar and lemon juice to mixture, stirring constantly and boiling to jam consistency (approximately 15 minutes)
- Break up pieces of strawberry and mash to jam consistency desired
- Add chia seeds and continue stirring until thickened (approximately 8-10 minutes)
- Remove from heat and pour in mason jar.
- When cool, add vanilla and sweeten (if needed) to taste.
Serving: 1tablespoonCalories: 19kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 1mgPotassium: 52mgFiber: 1gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 4IUVitamin C: 17mgCalcium: 16mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!