Slightly sweet and fluffy yet gluten- and sugar-free, we love these early mornings with a cup of coffee. Glazers are perfect for dipping or dunking, whichever you prefer!
- ⅔ Cup Almond Flour or Sunflower Seed Flour
- ¼ Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Psyllium Husk Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Xanthan Gum (or 4 teaspoons ground flaxseed meal)
- 4 Tablespoons Lakanto Monkfruit with Erythritol Sweetener or Pure Maple Sugar, if not sugar free
- 4 Tablespoons Butter salted
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Cage-free Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Gluten-free Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Organic Vanilla Extract
- ¾ Cup Powdered Sugar made from Classic Sweetener
- 2 Tablespoons Butter melted
- 4 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream more as needed to produce glaze consistency
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Start water, butter and sweetener in a 2-quart pot at medium-low heat, watching for slight boil.
- Whisk together flours, husk powder and xanthan gum.
- In almost boiling water mixture, add whisked together dry ingredients a little at a time. Stir as you go.
- Turn heat to low and stir until a ball of dough forms. Return dough to dry ingredients bowl.
- Make a well in the middle of the dough ball and let cool until warm.
- Add eggs one at a time in well of warm dough, slightly beating each egg before mixing in. Keep mixing in between eggs.
- Stir in baking powder and vanilla, mixing at regular speed (by hand) until the dough looks like elastic.
- Let the dough rest until it gets to room temperature.
- Butter donut pan rings (this recipe makes about 9 donuts in my donut pan).
- Prepare ziploc bag for piping dough into pan by cutting a corner (about 3/4-inch opening), put room temperature dough inside and seal.
- Pipe dough to just line the wells of your donut pan. Do not overfill or pat dough to fill. Make a single tube of piped dough to ensure smooth looking donuts after baking.
- Bake until golden at 425 degrees in the bottom of your oven (approximately 10-12 minutes). Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees. Bake for another 5 minutes. Do not open the oven until done baking.
- Let baked donuts rest in pan for five minutes before turning over on a wire rack.
- Prepare glaze by mixing together the melted butter and powdered sugar until smooth before adding whipping cream. Dip donuts and enjoy!
Serving: 1gCalories: 157kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 3gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 102mgPotassium: 17mgFiber: 2gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 288IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 47mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!