1/2 & 1/2 Lasagna
Super simple ingredients and layering magic (plus ingenious eggplant noodles) makes this dish a fan favorite for both gluten-free and traditional diners at the table.
- 1 Box Lasagna Noodles
- 1 Large Eggplant sliced thin and pre-seasoned
- 1 Lb Ground Turkey
- 5 Medium Tomatoes chopped
- 3 Portabello Mushroom Caps chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Tsp Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Oregano divided
- 1 Tbsp Basil divided
- 2 Cage-Free Eggs
- 1 Cup Ricotta
- 2 Cups Large-Curd Cottage Cheese
- 3 Cups Shredded Mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare eggplant for baking (30 minutes).
- Prepare spaghetti sauce by first browning ground turkey with onions and garlic. Add chopped tomatoes, mushrooms, tomato paste, half dried basil and oregano.
- Mix together cheeses and egg with other half of oregano and basil, plus a teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Arrange eggplant (cooked and cooled slightly), sauce, lasagna noodles and cheese mixture on working space by a large lasagna glass baking dish.
- Spray dish with olive oil and coat bottom with tomato sauce. Start at one end of the dish with a layer of eggplant and the other end noodles.
- Drop dollops of cheese mixture and spoonfuls of sauce covering the entire dish. Continue layering until all ingredients are gone.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese down the center of the dish and cover with foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, remove foil cover and bake an additional 15 minutes.
Serving: 1pieceCalories: 190kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 19gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 455mgPotassium: 369mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 527IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 187mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!